All domestic web purchases are shipped via USPS Priority at a rate of $10 for the first mineral and an additional $3 for each mineral beyond the first, regardless of the weight and size of the package.
All international web purchases are shipped via USPS Priority. We charge a rate of $60 for the first mineral and an additional $15 for each mineral beyond the first, regardless of the weight and size of the package.
All specimens valued at $500 or above will be shipped requiring signature upon delivery. Signature upon delivery may also be requested for specimens valued below $500 on buyer’s request. Signature requirements may be waived in writing at time of purchase, however, recipient assumes all risk of non-receipt of shipment.
When we are able to pack multiple items in one box, we will do so; however, if that is not possible due to size and weight limitations, we charge the same flat rate for all separate shipments. Specimens may be shipped via a different carrier, i.e. Fed Ex or UPS at their respective rates, which can be quoted by request.
The minimum insurance value is $100 per shipment. If you desire insurance of more than $100, please request that at the time of order. Additional insurance is at Purchaser’s expense and is the Purchaser’s responsibility. Upon the parcel’s arrival scan at the post office, Collector’s Edge releases all ownership and liability to the contained minerals.
We want you to be delighted with your purchases from the Collector’s Edge Minerals, Inc. Any specimens purchased on our website may be returned within 14 days of receipt of the specimen. If you intend to return any of the pieces you requested, you must notify us by email within the 14 calendar day period informing us of which specimen(s) you plan to ship back to us. After 14 days, all sales are considered final.
When returning specimens to the Collector’s Edge:
- Pack the specimen(s) carefully, utilizing the original packaging methods and materials and include all cards and specimen labels.
- Please understand that you are responsible for all shipping costs related to the return shipment of minerals to the Collector’s Edge.
- We recommend that you insure the shipment for the full value of the specimens being returned. You are responsible for the full value of any specimen(s) lost or damaged in the return shipment.
- Make sure that the pieces are back to us within 10 calendar days after your email notice informing us that you are returning the specimen(s).
- If the returned specimen(s) are received more than 10-calendar days after your email notice was received, a restocking charge of 20% of the net cost of the returned mineral specimen(s) may be applied.
- The full net cost of the returned mineral specimen(s) will be credited in a timely manner to your account or Credit Card, whichever method of payment used initially when specimen(s) are received on-time and in good condition.
Damaged in Transit
Please notify us immediately if any specimens arrive damaged in transit. Please take photos of the original packing material, indicating where and how the damage occurred in transit, and retain all original packaging and all pieces of the damaged/broken specimen. This will assist in any claims made for the damage.
Please contact CEMI at [email protected] with any questions regarding shipping and returns.